Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP!!!

Whenever I'm working in Excel it keeps almost saving my workbook every
minute. It's driving me nuts. It just stops and thinks and then it will say
in the status bar..."Not Responding." Does anyone know what this is and how
to make it stop. It is really slowing my down becuase I have to stop and
wait for it and it takes a while.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click TOOLS in the menu and select OPTIONS and click on the SAVE tab. Set
the number of minutes to a larger time span. You can also turn it off
altogether but then you run the risk of losing infomation should the system
crash.

--
Kevin Backmann

"carrie" wrote:

Whenever I'm working in Excel it keeps almost saving my workbook every
minute. It's driving me nuts. It just stops and thinks and then it will say
in the status bar..."Not Responding." Does anyone know what this is and how
to make it stop. It is really slowing my down becuase I have to stop and
wait for it and it takes a while.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Kevin,

I tried this as well but my office is 2000 and for some reason there is not
a "save" tab in my options. Any other idea what to do????

"carrie" wrote:

Whenever I'm working in Excel it keeps almost saving my workbook every
minute. It's driving me nuts. It just stops and thinks and then it will say
in the status bar..."Not Responding." Does anyone know what this is and how
to make it stop. It is really slowing my down becuase I have to stop and
wait for it and it takes a while.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure, but some prior version of the Excel had AutoSave as an addin.
Click TOOLS in the menu and select ADD INS and see if there's a check next to
the add-in named AUTOSAVE.
--
Kevin Backmann

"carrie" wrote:

Whenever I'm working in Excel it keeps almost saving my workbook every
minute. It's driving me nuts. It just stops and thinks and then it will say
in the status bar..."Not Responding." Does anyone know what this is and how
to make it stop. It is really slowing my down becuase I have to stop and
wait for it and it takes a while.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Up to and including Excel 2000, it had an Autosave add-in:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213943

From Excel 2002 onwards it has Autorecovery:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289273

Note that they do different things.