-   -   Adding dates & times (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165912-adding-dates-times.html)

Stephen

Adding dates & times

G'Day,

I would like to be able to time to a field with a date & time. For example:

A1 = 2007-11-13 21:13
A2 = 1 3:00:00
A3 = A1 + A2

This gives an error. I've looked over the DATE and TIME related functions,
and nothing seems to address this specifically.

Help!

Thanx

Stephen

Adding dates & times

That should be "add time to a field", and the resultant in the example should
be 2007-11-15 00:13.

"Stephen" wrote:

G'Day,

I would like to be able to time to a field with a date & time. For example:

A1 = 2007-11-13 21:13
A2 = 1 3:00:00
A3 = A1 + A2

This gives an error. I've looked over the DATE and TIME related functions,
and nothing seems to address this specifically.

Help!

Thanx

Stephen

Adding dates & times

I think I just solved my own problem. Instead of using 1 03:00:00 to
represent 1 day & 3 hours, I used 1.125, and it seems to work. Please let me
know, though, if there's a better or prefered method.

Thanx

"Stephen" wrote:

G'Day,

I would like to be able to time to a field with a date & time. For example:

A1 = 2007-11-13 21:13
A2 = 1 3:00:00
A3 = A1 + A2

This gives an error. I've looked over the DATE and TIME related functions,
and nothing seems to address this specifically.

Help!

Thanx

David Biddulph[_2_]

Adding dates & times

A2 is not a valid date and time in Excel format. It would work if A2
contained (for example) either =1+"3:00" or 27:00
--
David Biddulph