Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Applying a Border Around Sets of Data

Is it possible to apply a border around groups of data.

For example, give the the sample sheet below, a border would surround the
groups of fruit. Borders would highlight the Apple, Orange, and Pear
sections.

A B C
====================
Apple 12 13
Apple 13 2
Apple 4 5
Orange 40 12
Pear 45 13
Pear 4 11

Is thier a simple way to have this automatically applied or must it be done
programmatically. The data within the sheet is refreshed daily. In lieue of
setting the borders manually, I'd like to have a more automated approach.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out your response in programming. Please do not double post. Check out
this link...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Orlanzo" wrote:

Is it possible to apply a border around groups of data.

For example, give the the sample sheet below, a border would surround the
groups of fruit. Borders would highlight the Apple, Orange, and Pear
sections.

A B C
====================
Apple 12 13
Apple 13 2
Apple 4 5
Orange 40 12
Pear 45 13
Pear 4 11

Is thier a simple way to have this automatically applied or must it be done
programmatically. The data within the sheet is refreshed daily. In lieue of
setting the borders manually, I'd like to have a more automated approach.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry Jim,

I wasn't quite sure where the post belonged. I'll do my best to adhere to
the rules in the future.