Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing date from time

I am importing data from a CSV which gives me a time with the appropriate
date. i.e. 8/11/07 11:51. I am only interested in the time portion of that,
as I'm adding my own data. When you type in a time, it automatically assumes
you mean 0/1/00.

How do I change the imported data to be the same date as my typed data,
given that the imported data will have several different dates?

Thanks

Maria :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the import date/time is in A1 and the desired date is in A2, then in A3:
=A2+MOD(A1,1)

For example:

11/12/2007 18:52
7/7/2007
7/7/2007 18:52

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755

"Ugnz" wrote:

I am importing data from a CSV which gives me a time with the appropriate
date. i.e. 8/11/07 11:51. I am only interested in the time portion of that,
as I'm adding my own data. When you type in a time, it automatically assumes
you mean 0/1/00.

How do I change the imported data to be the same date as my typed data,
given that the imported data will have several different dates?

Thanks

Maria :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your date/time is in A1, then put this in B1:

=A1-INT(A1)

Format as Time and copy down as required.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 12, 11:51 pm, Ugnz wrote:
I am importing data from a CSV which gives me a time with the appropriate
date. i.e. 8/11/07 11:51. I am only interested in the time portion of that,
as I'm adding my own data. When you type in a time, it automatically assumes
you mean 0/1/00.

How do I change the imported data to be the same date as my typed data,
given that the imported data will have several different dates?

Thanks

Maria :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're correct, of course, Dave. I normally cut and paste formulae to avoid this
problem, but I said, this one's so short, I'll just type it in. Obviously it
wasn't the time saver I hoped it would be.

Fred