Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default POSSIBLE TO ROTATE FONTS 180% ?

I AM USING AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET AND WOULD LIKE TO POST FONTS AT 180%. OF
COURSE I CAN USE THEM AT 90% BUT HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT THE SECRET OF THE 180%
PLEASE HELP.........THANKS IN ADVANCE
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi J.J.
If you mean "Upside down font"
The short answer is, you can't !!
The only way to create an upside down font is either in Word Art, or, there
are downloadable "upside down fonts" on the net.

For future reference, please don't post in ALL CAPS. It is really hard to
read, especially if you are working with formulas, and it is considered to be
the equivalent of shouting.

HTH
Michael M

"J.J." wrote:

I AM USING AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET AND WOULD LIKE TO POST FONTS AT 180%. OF
COURSE I CAN USE THEM AT 90% BUT HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT THE SECRET OF THE 180%
PLEASE HELP.........THANKS IN ADVANCE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only way I know is to use some code. I assume that you want
Type Words in Reverse
to appear as
esreveR ni sdroW epyT

Here's the code to accomplish that - pretty much only works for non Word
wrapped cells (or reverse before applying word wrap). Press [Alt]+[F11] to
get to the VB Editor, use Insert | Module to create a code module, then copy
and paste the code below into it.

Sub ReverseText()
'works with current selection
Dim anyGroup As Range
Dim anyCell As Range
Dim tmpText As String
Dim revText As String
Dim LC As Integer

Set anyGroup = Selection
For Each anyCell In anyGroup
revText = ""
tmpText = anyCell.Text
If Len(tmpText) 0 Then
For LC = Len(tmpText) To 1 Step -1
revText = revText & Mid(tmpText, LC, 1)
Next
anyCell = revText
End If
Next
End Sub

If you want true mirror image of the text, you'd need to create mirrored
font set. If you look closely at the above, you'll notice that the openings
of non-symmetrical characters like e, s, p and d are not reversed. There are
tools that can be used to create new font sets or modify existing ones. I've
successfully used a program called FontCreator to modify existing fonts for
this mirroring. Contact me if you want to try one or two (remove spaces):
HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com There are copyright issues involved, so any that
you wish to use must also exist and be licensed to you for use on the system.
I haven't researched this in depth, but I would think that fonts provided
with your operating system would meet the requirements.

"J.J." wrote:

I AM USING AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET AND WOULD LIKE TO POST FONTS AT 180%. OF
COURSE I CAN USE THEM AT 90% BUT HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT THE SECRET OF THE 180%
PLEASE HELP.........THANKS IN ADVANCE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I AM USING AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET AND WOULD LIKE TO POST FONTS AT 180%.
OF COURSE I CAN USE THEM AT 90% BUT HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT THE SECRET OF
THE 180%

It might help to rotate some of the text 90 degrees and the rest -90. Then
print it out and rotate the paper.

It’s likely that the spreadsheet has other requirements that would be
messed up by doing this, but it's worth mentioning in case not.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could use this technique:

Put that value/formula in an out of the way cell.
Edit|Copy that cell
Then to where you really want to see the upside down text
Shift-edit|paste picture link

Now you have a picture of that "real" cell. But since it's a picture, you can
rotate it 180 degreees.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,
Would you be kind enough to do a walk through.

I can't get my XL2K to perform a rotation.

Both the drawing toolbar and the format picture dialog box have the rotation
option grayed out.

Even "ungrouping", to transform it to a MS Office drawing object, which
then seems to activate those rotation options, still doesn't perform any
actual rotation.

RD

J.J. wrote:

I AM USING AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET AND WOULD LIKE TO POST FONTS AT 180%. OF
COURSE I CAN USE THEM AT 90% BUT HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT THE SECRET OF THE
180%
PLEASE HELP.........THANKS IN ADVANCE

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have access to xl2k anymore, but in xl2003, I'd do this:

Type the text I want in a cell.
Edit|Copy
Go to the other cell (different worksheet?)
Shift-edit|Paste Picture link
(pasting the picture link will allow the picture to update if the "sending" cell
changes)

In xl2003, there's a green circle coming off the top of the pictu

0 <-- green circle

0----0----0 (0's represent the grab handles)
| |
0 0
| |
0----0----0

I can grab by that green circle and rotate the picture.

(I don't recall if this is the way xl2k works--with the green circle, but I seem
to remember that I could rotate pictures in that version.)

J.J. wrote:

I AM USING AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET AND WOULD LIKE TO POST FONTS AT 180%. OF
COURSE I CAN USE THEM AT 90% BUT HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT THE SECRET OF THE
180%
PLEASE HELP.........THANKS IN ADVANCE

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cell and EditCopy.

Select target range.

SHIFT + EditPaste Picture.

You should have the re-size handles and a rotation handle available.

Gord

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:30:33 -0800, "RagDyer" wrote:

Dave,
Would you be kind enough to do a walk through.

I can't get my XL2K to perform a rotation.

Both the drawing toolbar and the format picture dialog box have the rotation
option grayed out.

Even "ungrouping", to transform it to a MS Office drawing object, which
then seems to activate those rotation options, still doesn't perform any
actual rotation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks to you both!

Here was the problem:

I *didn't just* copy the cell - I <Shift <Edit <Copy Picture
Then <Shift <Edit <Paste Picture

Just a simple "Copy", with a "Paste Picture" works fine.

I *overcomplicated* it a bit.<g