Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to fix if Excel won't sort a column?

I want to sort a column, but when I go to sort it, the "Sort" option is
grayed out and I can't select it. I also can't filter anything. I assume
there is some setting on this spreadsheet that someone else has done making
this not work, but I can't figure it out. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to David's suggestion...........

Maybe you have more than one worksheet selected.

Do you see [group] up on the Title bar?

If so, ungroup the sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP