-   -   Format Header Date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165580-format-header-date.html)

TomCat

Format Header Date

I have a monthly spreadsheet in which I have to change the date in the header
each month. I want to do this automatically so I use the &[Date] feature but
it gives me a format like: 11-11-07.

I would like it to show November 2007.

How can I do this?

Thanks.............TomCat

Gary''s Student

Format Header Date

Put the following macro in the workbook code area:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm yyyy")

Gary''s Student - gsnu200755

"TomCat" wrote:

I have a monthly spreadsheet in which I have to change the date in the header
each month. I want to do this automatically so I use the &[Date] feature but
it gives me a format like: 11-11-07.

I would like it to show November 2007.

How can I do this?

Thanks.............TomCat

TomCat

Format Header Date

Worked great.........thanks!

"TomCat" wrote:

I have a monthly spreadsheet in which I have to change the date in the header
each month. I want to do this automatically so I use the &[Date] feature but
it gives me a format like: 11-11-07.

I would like it to show November 2007.

How can I do this?

Thanks.............TomCat

TomCat

Format Header Date

One little Problem. I need the header to read Pending and Processing -
November 2007. When I use the macro, it only reads November 2007.

"TomCat" wrote:

I have a monthly spreadsheet in which I have to change the date in the header
each month. I want to do this automatically so I use the &[Date] feature but
it gives me a format like: 11-11-07.

I would like it to show November 2007.

How can I do this?

Thanks.............TomCat

Bob Phillips

Format Header Date

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = "Pending and Processing - " &
Format(Date, "mmmm yyyy")

HTH

Bob