Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vista oper system will not accept old excell files

I have a new computer with Vista oper system. Problem: cannot open my old
files on Excel. Does this mean I have lost that information forever or is
there a way to get it to open with new vista system?
Thanks

--
Tracy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you, by chance, forget to install Excel on the new system?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Tracy" wrote in message
I have a new computer with Vista oper system. Problem: cannot open my old
files on Excel. Does this mean I have lost that information forever or is
there a way to get it to open with new vista system?
Thanks

--
Tracy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Vista is an Operating System and has no relation to Excel unless your seller
installed Office or Excel on your new computer.

You must purchase Office or Excel if you need them.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP