Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default AUTHORITY OF VARYING RIGHTS

Could anyone assist me with a macro in the following situation:

1. A pop-up dialogue box appearing asking for login & password;
2. There are 3 persons allowed to login;
3. When Mr. A logs in he would be allowed to access only as read-only;
4. When Mr. B logs in he would not be allowed to view only column B i.e.
column would be hidden; and
5. When Mr. C logs in he would be allowed complete access;

Appropriate macros would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Faraz,

Trying to acomplish this in Excel would be quite dificult as most of the
secutity features offered can be easilly bi-passed by anyone who looks around
hard enough on the net.

You should start altering the secutity settings of the workbook based on the
result of a login but, as I said, these can be amended in a matter of seconds.

HTH

Simon

FARAZ QURESHI wrote:
Could anyone assist me with a macro in the following situation:

1. A pop-up dialogue box appearing asking for login & password;
2. There are 3 persons allowed to login;
3. When Mr. A logs in he would be allowed to access only as read-only;
4. When Mr. B logs in he would not be allowed to view only column B i.e.
column would be hidden; and
5. When Mr. C logs in he would be allowed complete access;

Appropriate macros would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanx Simon,

But as u said it could be bi-passed most of the users here hardly have an
idea of bipassing or even using correct formulae.

However, if u can't provide a macro I would highly oblige even if there is
any other way for the same if not in excel?