-   -   Calculating working days (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165438-calculating-working-days.html)

sa

Calculating working days

Hi,

Does anyone know how to calculate working days? I try =workdays(start date,
end date) but it gives me an error #NAME message.

Thanks

Kevin B

Calculating working days

Use the following function to calculate working days:

=NETWORKDAYS(StartDateValue,EndDateValue)

This formula calculates only the Monday through Friday dates.

Optionally, you can enter a range of dates for your holidays so that they
are not counted as working day. If your start date is in A1, the end dat is
in B1 and the range of holiday dates is F1:F10 the formula would look like
this:

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1,F1:F10)
--
Kevin Backmann

"SA" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to calculate working days? I try =workdays(start date,
end date) but it gives me an error #NAME message.

Thanks

sa

Calculating working days

Thanks for the help. I did try the networkdays formula and it did not work
either. I also tried to add in Analysis TookPak into my Excel 2002 and it's
added but the error message is still the same. Have I missed anything?

"SA" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to calculate working days? I try =workdays(start date,
end date) but it gives me an error #NAME message.

Thanks

Kevin B

Calculating working days

Have you been able to physically locate the add-ins on the drive. I don't
remember the exact path for the add-ins for Excel 2002, but it might be very
similar to the following:

C:\Program Files\microsoft office\OFFICE11\Library\Analysis

The analysis toolpack is named ATPVBAEN.XLA in 2003, but I'm fairly certain
that it's the same.

--
Kevin Backmann