Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question about a MS online schedule template

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a scheduling template but this stuff is far beyond my
comprehension & I'm on a strict timeline. I found a template that I can
really work with he

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te... stalled=1&c=0

What I need to know is how was the 2nd 'data' sheet created? I am able to
edit the entries under the "Department" & "Shift" on the 'data' sheet to suit
my needs, but if I create more entries called called "Parts" & "Service" (in
C1 & D1 respectively), they don't show up one the main 'schedule' sheet. I'd
like to understand how the 'data' sheet was made so I can taylor one to my
business.

Thanks for any help offered.

Cheers,

Arthur Pappas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The drop down boxes for Department and Shifts use name ranges. To view and
change these ranges go to menu Insert-Name-Define and then click on either
Department or Shift.

The drop down boxes were created using Data-Validation-List. Click on the
schedule worksheet on of the Dept. or Shift cells and then select from menu
Data-Validation to see the settings. The validation is using a named range.