Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macro to move to minimum value in column of data

I have a column of numbers and within this column of numbers there is a
number of minimum value. I need a macro that will select the location "row"
of the cell that contains this minimum value.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure why you need a macro to select the location row. The below formulas
will work in a conditional format in order to highlight the min value. I
will use column A and assume a fixed number of rows to look at, in this case
12 rows.

The formula finds the min value with in the range, including 0 or neg numbers.

=AND(A1<"", A1=MIN(A$1:A$12))

The following can be used to exclude number <=0, ie positive numbers.

=AND(A1<"",A1=MIN(IF($A$1:$A$12 0,$A$1:$A$12)))

Set highlight preference you want.

Hope this works for you.

Les

"g_noggle" wrote:

I have a column of numbers and within this column of numbers there is a
number of minimum value. I need a macro that will select the location "row"
of the cell that contains this minimum value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let me try and clarify my need. I have four columns of data A - D. In column
D there is a number of minimum value (the row location varies). I actually
need the values in columns A,B & C that fall on the same row as this number
of minimum value in row D. This code will be imbedded into a macro so that
the calculations are done automatically.