Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Splitting cell contents

A cell contains multiple phrases and sentences for a total of 255
characters. (Each phrase is separated by a semicolon; each sentence
is separated by a comma).

Other than using "Wrap Text", how can I make each phrase or sentence
start at the left edge of the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gary,

Can use find and replace and replace with the character which is inserted
when you use Alt/enter to start a new line in a wrapped text cell.

Backup your data first.

Select the data to be modified.

In Replace dialog box, insert a comma in Find what (Might need comma plus a
space if you have a space after the comma otherwise you will have a leading
space on the next line.)

In Replace with, hold the Alt key and press Enter. (You won't see anything)
and then Replace all.

Repeat for semi colon.

If you want to retain the comma/semicolon, then simply include it in the
replace with.

Regards,

OssieMac

"GARY" wrote:

A cell contains multiple phrases and sentences for a total of 255
characters. (Each phrase is separated by a semicolon; each sentence
is separated by a comma).

Other than using "Wrap Text", how can I make each phrase or sentence
start at the left edge of the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you meant Alt + 0010 on numpad or CTRL + j

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP