Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filling series

I want to fill series like this
1111
1112
1113
1114
1115
1116
1120
1121
1123...... and so on. The numbers increase by 1 until it reaches 6 as the
last digit. Then it increases by 4.

Any idea how to pull this off? I thought I had it nailed, but the numbers
just do not add up.

B. rgds Zulupiper
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Enter in A1, 1110
In A2 enter
=IF(--RIGHT(A1)=6,A1+4,A1+1)
and fill down as far as required.

If you want to "fix" the values, copy column APaste SpecialValues

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Zulupiper" wrote in message
I want to fill series like this
1111
1112
1113
1114
1115
1116
1120
1121
1123...... and so on. The numbers increase by 1 until it reaches 6 as the
last digit. Then it increases by 4.

Any idea how to pull this off? I thought I had it nailed, but the numbers
just do not add up.

B. rgds Zulupiper

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a million.