Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default list separator

The latest update to my sales/accounting software requires me to set the
windows regional settings list separator to ;
I'm afraid to guess what it may mess up when I open other things, but now I
have to use ; instead of the comma in all my excel formulas.
Is there any way to tell excel to use commas even though windows says ; ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might like to try Tools | Auto-correct, and get Excel to change ;
to ,

Not sure what other knock-on effects you might have with this setting.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 4, 12:17 am, widman wrote:
The latest update to my sales/accounting software requires me to set the
windows regional settings list separator to ;
I'm afraid to guess what it may mess up when I open other things, but now I
have to use ; instead of the comma in all my excel formulas.
Is there any way to tell excel to use commas even though windows says ; ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

NOT a good solution. sort of solves the excel problem, although it gets
stuck when your formula looks to another sheet, but then changes everything
you write in Word and outlook to ; instead of ,