sonny

Default Is there a way to setup excel to prompt for a backup copy upon ex.

sonny

I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program.

CyberTaz

It depends on which version of Excel as to how.

It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the
Subject field. Please take advantage of the Message area, even for short
inquiries.

Thanks |:)

sonny

I am currently using 2000.
Thanks

"CyberTaz" wrote:

It depends on which version of Excel as to how.

It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the
Subject field. Please take advantage of the Message area, even for short
inquiries.

Thanks |:)

Myrna Larson

If you mean by "disk", "floppy disk", don't try to do that. Saving directly to
a floppy often corrupts a file. Save the backup copy to your hard drive, then
copy to the floppy from Windows Explorer.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:05:05 -0800, "sonny"
wrote:

I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program.

sonny

Myrna;

Thanks for reply. I would like to have excel prompt me to create a backup,
preferable to a cd, each time I exit program. Other programs such as
Quicken, Quick Books etc. do that. I'm not real versed on excel. I've tried
to research and see if it can be done. The only thing I've found is the
backup copy option to my hard drive.

Thanks Again

wrote:

I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program.

Myrna Larson

You would need to write a macro to do that, capturing the BeforeClose event,
and (unless you know how to create application-level events), you would have
to put the macro in every workbook that you create.