Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change the color of cells having formula.

Hi all,
Is it possible to change the color of the cells which has any type of
formula? I have tried with conditional formatting but not succeeded with it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Edit Goto Special Formulas

Then set the format.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Arup,

I don't know of a way with CF but you can do it by tapping
F5 click Special and check Formulas.
This will highlight all your formulas and you can then set
your formatting.

You can also use Ctrl+` (the symbol to the left of 1 at the
left of your keyboard. This is a toggle switch that will alternate
between displaying the formulas and their values.

HTH
Martin

"Arup C" wrote in message
Hi all,
Is it possible to change the color of the cells which has any type of
formula? I have tried with conditional formatting but not succeeded with
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
It was helpful though I was asking for the command which autometically
detects any formula and changes color of the cell like the conditional
formatting command

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Edit Goto Special Formulas

Then set the format.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For a non-vba method try:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip045.htm

"Arup C" wrote:

Hi all,
Is it possible to change the color of the cells which has any type of
formula? I have tried with conditional formatting but not succeeded with it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to create a UDF

Function HasFormula(rng as range)
If rng.Cells.Count = 1 Then
HasFormula = rng.IsFormula

and use that in the CF

=HasFormula(A2)

--
HTH

Bob

"Arup C" wrote in message
It was helpful though I was asking for the command which autometically
detects any formula and changes color of the cell like the conditional
formatting command

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Edit Goto Special Formulas

Then set the format.