Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table tools Excel 2007

Really having difficult time with Excel 2007 pivot tables. Can't seem to find
the tools tab, design and layout tabs I see everyone referring to on this
board. Have tried help files but just can't see these features. Any help will
be appreciated.
--
Alan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Alan

First you have to insert a pivot table. To do this go to the Insert
tabTable groupPivotTable button and build you table. Now whenever you
click anywhere in the pivot table a task pane will appear on the right with
the field layout and you will also have two contextual tabs appear at the
top of the ribbon in a tabset called PivotTable tools. These are called
Options and Design.

This theory runs throughout Excel 2007, you only get certain tabs when they
are in context.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

UK Excel User Conference In Cambridge
November 28th - December 1st 2007
Register Now @ http://www.exceluserconference.com/UKEUC.html

"Alan" wrote in message
Really having difficult time with Excel 2007 pivot tables. Can't seem to
find
the tools tab, design and layout tabs I see everyone referring to on this
board. Have tried help files but just can't see these features. Any help
will
be appreciated.
--
Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In excell 2007 does any one know how to maintain the feature classical
display. So, we don't have to every time go to Pivot Table Option and check
the classical display tab?
--
AK