Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula HELP

Hi can any one help me with a formula that will do the following " basically
accounts that will have a running days from invoiced date to payed date and
stop counting when Payd and add colour or some thing to indicate 40days past
50days past 60days past".So action can be taken.
Columns A2 and B2 are comp name & info C2 is Invoiced Date, D2 is $
Amount, E2 is Date Payed, F2 is Days past Eg: C2 08/10/07, D2 $10.00, E2
12/10/07. F2 4
("PS" Australian Dating dd/mm/yy) When I used =DAYS360(C2,E2) I do get
the right answer. But if the account has no Pd date E2 entered I get dribble
in F2. this is the problem If I need another column thats ok can any one help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"krackerjack" wrote in message
Hi can any one help me with a formula that will do the following "
basically
accounts that will have a running days from invoiced date to payed date
and
stop counting when Payd and add colour or some thing to indicate 40days
past
50days past 60days past".So action can be taken.
Columns A2 and B2 are comp name & info C2 is Invoiced Date, D2 is $
Amount, E2 is Date Payed, F2 is Days past Eg: C2 08/10/07, D2 $10.00, E2
12/10/07. F2 4
("PS" Australian Dating dd/mm/yy) When I used =DAYS360(C2,E2) I do get
the right answer. But if the account has no Pd date E2 entered I get
dribble
in F2. this is the problem If I need another column thats ok can any one
help

Try this:
=IF(E2="","",E2-C2)
If you enter dates before the formula, Excel will format cell E2 as a date
when you enter the formula. Just format it as a number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry didn't finish that. I meant conditions of

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)60

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)50

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)40

in that order

--
HTH

Bob

"krackerjack" wrote in message
Hi can any one help me with a formula that will do the following "
basically
accounts that will have a running days from invoiced date to payed date
and
stop counting when Payd and add colour or some thing to indicate 40days
past
50days past 60days past".So action can be taken.
Columns A2 and B2 are comp name & info C2 is Invoiced Date, D2 is $
Amount, E2 is Date Payed, F2 is Days past Eg: C2 08/10/07, D2 $10.00, E2
12/10/07. F2 4
("PS" Australian Dating dd/mm/yy) When I used =DAYS360(C2,E2) I do get
the right answer. But if the account has no Pd date E2 entered I get
dribble
in F2. this is the problem If I need another column thats ok can any one
help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi thank you very much for the reply. I entered exact as you tyeped and i get
TRUE Im sorry but I think I need the info for dummies. I formated Column C
to Date D to $ E to Date then in cell F2 I entered All one after the other
What dont I under stand :(
=IF(E2="","",E2-C2) =AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)60

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)50

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)40

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think Bob intended you to use the formula
=IF(E2="","",E2-C2)
in cell F2, and the other three in conditional formatting for that cell.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sorry didn't finish that. I meant conditions of

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)60

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)50

=AND($C2<"",$E2<"",$E2-$C2)40

in that order