Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default TEXT on a Pivot table Question

When I am looking at the Worksheet where I am building my pivot table,
there is a section labeled "Drop Data Items Here"

I have a Source which has discrete items, there will be nothing to
total, average, or otherwise apply mathmateics to. I want to put a TEXT
field in this area, and have it display that text. Anything I have
tried forces some kind of number out of it.

Any Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In a pivot table, you can't show text in the data area, as you can in an
Access crosstab report. You can add the fields to the row area, where
the text will be visible, then add fields to the data area, to show the
count of the row field items.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures