Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiplying cells and adding that answer in the same cell

Hi,
I am sure this is a very simple formula, but for some reason I cant seem to
get it today.
I am trying to Multiply cell C22 by B21 and have the results added to C22
all in one cell and I can't seem to get it right.

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You would need to use VBA for that unless you mean that in a third cell (not
C22) you want to add C22 to C22xB21? If so use

=(C22*B21)+C22

you cannot however use that formula in C22 since it will create a circular
reference,
so you need a macro that will do this

Peo Sjoblom

"Michele" wrote in message
I am sure this is a very simple formula, but for some reason I cant seem
get it today.
I am trying to Multiply cell C22 by B21 and have the results added to C22
all in one cell and I can't seem to get it right.

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want the answer in cell A1 then the formula in cell A1 is
=C22*B21+C22. If you want the value to be in C22, it is a circular
reference. Understand that Excel recalculates the formulas. After the first
evaluation of C22, what do you get the second time? It goes round and round.
In addition, if the result of the calculation goes in C22, what happens to
the formula in C22?

Tyro