Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofilter so different, harder to use

I actually sort of regret getting Office 2007. I am having a very difficult
time figuring out how to do the most basic of things with this drastically
different software.

I figured out autofilter in Excel 07 but I find it much harder to use now.

When I create a filter on 1st line, I get all my drill down arrows. I click
on one of those arrows and it opens a box with a few options and everything
checked. I know how to uncheck all and make this work, but it was so much
simpler in previous versions of Excel.

In previous versions, it just simply popped up all my data and I could
easily select whatever I wanted, now I gotta uncheck all and find what I
wanted. I still get the same end result, but it's actually harder.

Do any of you regret Office 2007. It's like learning a whole new suite of
software and I don't know where anything is hardly.

It took me 10 minutes or so just to figure out how to open a file.