Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Autofilter so different, harder to use

I have been using Excel for about 12 years. I find Excel 2007so much easier
than previous versions. Everything I need is usually selectable on the
ribbon, no drill down thru menus, my own toolbars and own menus are still
there. What is the problem?

Tyro

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
There are many very knowledgeable Excel users that would disagree with
your opinion
I am a fairly decent user and I don't consider it easier by quite a large
margin, don't believe everything the marketing department at MS throws at
you. That doesn't mean I don't think there have been some very nice
improvements in some areas, but overall I am not very happy with it.

Peo Sjoblom

"Tyro" wrote in message
This is because you didn't expend a few dollars to buy a book on how to
use the new interface. Once you understand that, less than a day, you'll
find 2007 much easier to work with than previous versions of Excel.

Tyro

"drugrep" wrote in message
I actually sort of regret getting Office 2007. I am having a very
difficult
time figuring out how to do the most basic of things with this
drastically
different software.

I figured out autofilter in Excel 07 but I find it much harder to use
now.

When I create a filter on 1st line, I get all my drill down arrows. I
click
on one of those arrows and it opens a box with a few options and
everything
checked. I know how to uncheck all and make this work, but it was so
much
simpler in previous versions of Excel.

In previous versions, it just simply popped up all my data and I could
easily select whatever I wanted, now I gotta uncheck all and find what I
wanted. I still get the same end result, but it's actually harder.

Do any of you regret Office 2007. It's like learning a whole new suite
of
software and I don't know where anything is hardly.

It took me 10 minutes or so just to figure out how to open a file.