Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel-Input numeric value in cell, it shows up as 1/100th of entry

I must have some cell formatting setup somewhere or something strange is
going on....

In a cell, I can enter a value of "1". Once I hit return to exit the cell,
the value in the cell is shown as "0.01", not "1". This is driving me crazy
and I have had miscalculating spreadsheets due to this issue.

To re-iterate, when I put a numeric value in a cell, it shows up as 1/100th
of the value.

Any suggestions to correct this.

Darin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools Options Edit clear fixed decimal
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

"DarinMelin" wrote:

I must have some cell formatting setup somewhere or something strange is
going on....

In a cell, I can enter a value of "1". Once I hit return to exit the cell,
the value in the cell is shown as "0.01", not "1". This is driving me crazy
and I have had miscalculating spreadsheets due to this issue.

To re-iterate, when I put a numeric value in a cell, it shows up as 1/100th
of the value.

Any suggestions to correct this.

Darin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc