JohnUK

Default Tab Names

Hi, I am looking for a code that can change the sheet tab
name to correspond with a name in a given cell on the
same worksheet
Many thanks in advance
John
Bob Phillips

Hi John,

VBA event code

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address(False, False) = "A1" Then
Me.Name = Target.Value
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"JohnUK" wrote in message
Hi, I am looking for a code that can change the sheet tab
name to correspond with a name in a given cell on the
same worksheet
Many thanks in advance
John

JohnUK

Many thanks Bob

Anthony Slater

This also works:

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,
LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)))

The workbook has to be saved before this actualy works

"JohnUK" wrote in message
Hi, I am looking for a code that can change the sheet tab
name to correspond with a name in a given cell on the
same worksheet
Many thanks in advance
John

JohnUK

Thanks to Bob Phillips and Jim May for their answers to
my last Post

I now need to go a step further - Once the names of the
tabs have been changed, I need a code that can reset the
tab names back to how they were. The problem I have is
that when I run the macro to change the names back, the
macro now doesn't recognise the new names and comes up
with an error message.

I guess it just needs a code that can jump to the next
tab regardless of what it's called - changes it - then
jumps to the next tab and so on.

The workbook has 40 sheets/Tabs, but I only need the
second half (20 sheets) to do its job

Thanks
John

--

HTH

RP

"JohnUK" wrote in

message
Hi, I am looking for a code that can change the sheet

tab
name to correspond with a name in a given cell on the
same worksheet
Many thanks in advance
John

.

Bob Phillips

John,

That last bit confused me.

Do you want to preserve the previous value to re-instate it at some time (if
so, what would trigger that re-instating)?

Or are you saying that if you change Sheet1 to say Bob, and then try to
change again to something else, it fails? If so, in what way?

Or is it something else?

--

HTH

RP

"JohnUK" wrote in message
[...]

JohnUK

Sorry Bob, I must admit that I am not that good at
explaining, but here is another go-

Yes I would need the tabs to change back to there
previous names, which were 20, 21, 22, and so forth to 40
as the book closes down, ready to be used again the next
time it opens.

The workbook will be used for importing the data into
AutoRoute, and that is why I needed the tabs names to
change to make it easier to see what sheets / data are
being imported.
Once the workbook is complete, it would be used by a
dozen other people, and rather the risk of them saving
changes, it would automatically reset on close down, and
of course add a button in case any mistakes are made
whilst open.

[...]

(remove nothere from the email address if mailing

direct)

"JohnUK" wrote

in
message