nc

Default ShowDataForm method

I recorded the following macro

Range("A1:B1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

It works on a new unsaved workbook, but I get the error
message "ShowDataForm method of worksheet class failed"
when I run it on a template. Please help.

Thanks.
Debra Dalgleish

The table should start in the range A1:B2, or it should be named
"Database".

XL2000: ShowDataForm Method Fails if Data Cannot Be Found
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213835

Also, if you're using Excel 97, the error may be caused by the command
button taking the focus. Set the command button's TakeFocusOnClick to
False, or add the following line at the beginning of the code:

ActiveCell.Select

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish

Does your table start in the range A1:B2?

If not, you should name the range "Database". There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

nc wrote:
Debra

I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks

nc wrote:

I recorded the following macro

Range("A1:B1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

It works on a new unsaved workbook, but I get the

error

message "ShowDataForm method of worksheet class

failed"

when I run it on a template. Please help.

Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

nc

Debra

What baffling me is that it works in a workbook created
on Excel 2003 without using a named range, but not on one
that was first created on Excel 2000 then saved on 2003.
Could that be the problem?

Thanks.

Does your table start in the range A1:B2?

If not, you should name the range "Database". There are

instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

nc wrote:
Debra