Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting cells that do not contain N/A

Please could someone provide me with a formula that would allow me to count
the number of cells that do not contain N/A as an entry.

Thanks
Adam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMIF(G1:G11,"<#N/A",G1:G11)

But it is FAR better to deal with the #N/A error at source:

=IF(ISNA(<your formula),"",<your formula)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Adam" wrote in message
Please could someone provide me with a formula that would allow me to
count
the number of cells that do not contain N/A as an entry.

Thanks
Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If N/A has been typed in (rather than the error #N/A), then try this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<N/A")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 10:41 am, Adam wrote:
Please could someone provide me with a formula that would allow me to count
the number of cells that do not contain N/A as an entry.

Thanks
Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sandy,

the OP was asking about count - if he used COUNT and the values were
numbers then this would ignore it (and he wouldn't have the problem),
so I assumed they must be text values and he was using COUNTA. I was
also making the distinction between #N/A and N/A, so the OP could put
in the appropriate one if he really meant #N/A.

There's a bit of logic to my posts now and then !! <bg

Pete

On Oct 29, 10:57 am, "Sandy Mann" wrote:
Pete,

If N/A was typed in and thus text, wouldn't SUM() ignore it anyway?

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

oups.com...

On Oct 29, 10:41 am, Adam wrote:
Please could someone provide me with a formula that would allow me to
count
the number of cells that do not contain N/A as an entry.

Thanks
Adam- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sandy,

I often wish I could delete posts when I realise I've goofed <bg

No problems !

Pete

On Oct 29, 11:35 am, "Sandy Mann" wrote:
Sorry Pete,

Not only did I misread your post,I misread the OP's post as well A double
goof!

My apologies to you both.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Pete_UK" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi Sandy,

the OP was asking about count - if he used COUNT and the values were
numbers then this would ignore it (and he wouldn't have the problem),
so I assumed they must be text values and he was using COUNTA. I was
also making the distinction between #N/A and N/A, so the OP could put
in the appropriate one if he really meant #N/A.

There's a bit of logic to my posts now and then !! <bg

Pete

On Oct 29, 10:57 am, "Sandy Mann" wrote:
Pete,

If N/A was typed in and thus text, wouldn't SUM() ignore it anyway?

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

groups.com...