Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation - Scroll Bars

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me?

I have set up some sets of data validation but when you click on the drop
down arrow on the cell, you have to scroll up to see the data you can choose
from. For example, my first set of data I have 17 options to choose from when
you click the drop down but only the last 3 show, thus the user having to
scroll up to see the rest. This is only a niggly problem but I am trying to
make this particular spreadsheet as simple as possible for the target
audience.

Does anyone know how I can force the drop down to start at the top of the
list, rather than the bottom?

Many thanks.

Rachel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Pricklyflower" wrote in message
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me?

I have set up some sets of data validation but when you click on the drop
down arrow on the cell, you have to scroll up to see the data you can
choose
from. For example, my first set of data I have 17 options to choose from
when
you click the drop down but only the last 3 show, thus the user having to
scroll up to see the rest. This is only a niggly problem but I am trying
make this particular spreadsheet as simple as possible for the target
audience.

Does anyone know how I can force the drop down to start at the top of the
list, rather than the bottom?

Many thanks.

Rachel

I think you need to post more information.
How do you specify your 17 options?
Are they in 17 contiguous cells somewhere? If so, where? What is the range
you use to refer to these in the data validation list box?
Or do you calculate the range reference with a formula? If so, what is it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stephen

Many apologies for not explaining in my first post, I'm very new to data
validation.

I have actually figured this out myself, I had created lists and had defined
ranges for the data validation, as part of this process I had first defined
the ranges then input the data and in some of the ranges there were blank
cells (so I didn't have to extend the ranges if I were to ever input any
further data at the bottom of the list) as soon as redefined the ranges to
purely the data set, the blanks at the bottom of my drop down lists
disappeared.

Many thanks for responding.

Kind regards

Rachel