ZouBCivil

Default Where can I get UNLIMITED Excel stock qoutes?

The Excel Add-in that allows you to retrieve stock qoutes is limited in taht
it only allows you to get about 250 qoutes at a time. How can I get
unlimited qoutes in a format compatible with excel?

Myrna Larson

There's a program called Historical Stock Quotes which can create tab or comma
delimited files that can be read into Excel.

If you want something that updates automatically within Excel, you may have to
buy an add-in. Have you searched the web?

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:18:23 -0800, ZouBCivil
wrote:

The Excel Add-in that allows you to retrieve stock qoutes is limited in taht
it only allows you to get about 250 qoutes at a time. How can I get
unlimited qoutes in a format compatible with excel?

David McRitchie

You can look at my page
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/stocks.htm
but I think trying to anything once a day for stocks is a waste of
time in Excel, especially if you are going to buy any of those
more than 250 stocks. I'd get Quicken (or MS Money), you can
run it as often as you want daily. But you'd be able to know what you
paid for each lot and how much it is worth each time you update.

---
HTH,