Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default bring .tps files into excel

I have many .tps files that I need to open up in excel. Does anyone know a
good way to convert .tps files to text or something to open in excel? thank
you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is it?
http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/tps

Knox wrote:

I have many .tps files that I need to open up in excel. Does anyone know a
good way to convert .tps files to text or something to open in excel? thank
you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As Bob I suggested, probably the easiest route is to use Clarion to export to
a comma separated values (.csv) file or to a raw .txt file. You can then
read either into Excel pretty much directly. You can also open either of
those types with Notepad to see how they're laid out.

Remember that .csv doesn't necessarily always mean "comma" separated values,
other characters frequently used in those types of files are the [Tab]
character, the pipe ( | ), and the semi-colon (;). Or Clarion may output to
a fixed field length text file - which Excel can import once you figure out
how long the fields are.