Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text parsing/table creation from single column data

Hi:
have problem: tab delimited text files, repeating blocks of text separated
by two tabs, which I need to convert to a table format. The text imports as a
single column, the data occurring in blocks of twenty-eight cells separated
by two blank cells. Need to parse, and transpose these blocks of cells to
create a table of twenty eight columns I can manipulate. I can do the
copy/transpose function from the toolbar for short files, but some of these
files will have hundreds of rows, not something I want to do by hand. Is
there aformulae/macro/template which will perform this function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select your column of data and then click DATA on the menu and select TEXT TO
COLUMNS and select TAB as the delimiter and all the data will be
automatically parsed to columns.
--
Kevin Backmann