Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dim dim is offline

Default Copy Across Formatting aswell using "=[Cell Ref]" ?

Hi,
I'm using the old straightforward " = B5" to copy across text from B5 into
my new cell. No problems there, but I want whatever text formatting is in B5
to copy across aswell. Changing the format of my new cell is not an option
because it's locked for the user.
Any ideas?
Thanks....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dim dim is offline

Thanks Dave,
So how can I get the formatting to copy across aswell?

dim wrote:

Hi,
I'm using the old straightforward " = B5" to copy across text from B5 into
my new cell. No problems there, but I want whatever text formatting is in B5
to copy across aswell. Changing the format of my new cell is not an option
because it's locked for the user.
Any ideas?
Thanks....

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can copy just the format by copying the source cell and then
doing Edit/Paste Special/Formats on the target.

If the source format might change and you want the target always
to reflect it, you can use the Camera Tool, aka Paste Picture Link
See http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd04.htm for details.

hth
Andrew

dim wrote:

Hi,
I'm using the old straightforward " = B5" to copy across text from B5 into
my new cell. No problems there, but I want whatever text formatting is in B5
to copy across aswell. Changing the format of my new cell is not an option
because it's locked for the user.
Any ideas?
Thanks....

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dim dim is offline

Thanks Andrew,
That looks like it will work a treat. I guess I just learned another new
thing about MS Excel. :D Bye for now.