Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Associate Data Across Rows

I would like for all of the information in a row to be associated, as if it
were a single observation. The aim is that when I sort by column C, that the
information in row 3, a3,b3,c3,d3,e3 all stay together, without worrying if I
have all the columns highlighted.
Even nicer:
Using a Mac (I'm not sure if that's important), my coworker was able to
create a sort option in each column header. There is a dropdown box, where
you decide how you want the information sorted. Then you can sort by
selecting something off of the dropdown without having to working about
having everything highlighted or the information getting jumbled.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What your coworker is using is called the AutoFilter. Which is what I would
suggest anyway.

First, highlight all of your data.
Then, from the DATA Menu, choose Filter, then AutoFilter

HTH,
Elkar