Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to stop cell showing #VALUE! please

In the form I'm working on the user puts in a couple of values to get an
answer - is there a way to stop #VALUE! being displayed in the result cell
before they put in the values in the other cells - if you see what I mean

Thanks

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

If your formula depends on, say, an entry in cell A1, then instead use

=IF(A1="","",<your formula)

In article ,
RobertSE6 wrote:

In the form I'm working on the user puts in a couple of values to get an
answer - is there a way to stop #VALUE! being displayed in the result cell
before they put in the values in the other cells - if you see what I mean

Thanks

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are using Excel 2007, you can use the IFERROR function.

=IFERROR(your_formula,value_to_use_if_error)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"RobertSE6" wrote in message
In the form I'm working on the user puts in a couple of values to get an
answer - is there a way to stop #VALUE! being displayed in the result cell
before they put in the values in the other cells - if you see what I mean

Thanks

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

For multiple inputs, you could also use something like this:

In D2: =IF(COUNTA(A2:C2)<3,"",<yourformula)
where your formula is dependent on inputs in A2:C2
--
Max
Singapore