Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional sum

hi everybody...

I need a simple calculation that should give the sum of some given set of
data items.
For example:
the data is distributed like this...
A B
1 T1 20
2 T13 2
3 T19 1
4 T36 1
5 T38 6
6 T4 1
7 T53 3
8 T6 2
9 T8 1

I wanna total of T1, T36 and T8 related values in "C1".
As well as T13, T19 and T4 related values in C2..

like that I have to calculate the sum of totals for given cretaria.

hope u will help me.

thanks
Narendra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

iam sorry... C1 and C2 are the cell addresses.

the results should be pasted in column C of row1(C1)

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

What do you mean by "C1" and C2...?

Mike

"Narendra Boga" wrote:

hi everybody...

I need a simple calculation that should give the sum of some given set of
data items.
For example:
the data is distributed like this...
A B
1 T1 20
2 T13 2
3 T19 1
4 T36 1
5 T38 6
6 T4 1
7 T53 3
8 T6 2
9 T8 1

I wanna total of T1, T36 and T8 related values in "C1".
As well as T13, T19 and T4 related values in C2..

like that I have to calculate the sum of totals for given cretaria.

hope u will help me.

thanks
Narendra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any rule as to which items get included in each cell?

--
HTH

Bob

"Narendra Boga" wrote in message
iam sorry... C1 and C2 are the cell addresses.

the results should be pasted in column C of row1(C1)

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

What do you mean by "C1" and C2...?

Mike