Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Excel to generate schedules

Hi! I'm not sure if this is possible. I want to create a "master" schedule
for our hockey association which has all the scheduled games for every
division on one main schedule. One of the names of the columns on the master
schedule would be for "Division". I wanted to have a separate worksheet for
each division (IP1, IP2, Atom, Peewee, Bantam, Midget) that would
automatically be populate from the information on the master schedule - ie
all the ice times and other info for IP1 from the master schedule would show
on the sheet for IP1, all the ice times/info for IP2 would should on the IP2
worksheet, etc etc.

First, is this possible? If so, what functions would you use? Or would it
require programming of some kind? Too difficult for someone with mediocre
Excel skills?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anything is possible in Excel!

You will need a macro to loop down you Master Schedule and write data
to specific sheets based on the content if the Division field. You
would need to use Excel VBA.

The code would be something like this

Sub Print_Schedules()

Sheets("Master Schedule").Select

[A2].Select

'Loops down sheet one cell at a time until it gets to an empty cell =
end of sheet
Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)

ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy
'go to specific schedule and paste
Sheets(ActiveCell).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

If you hit Alt+F11 in Excel it will open up the Visual Basic Editor.
On the right hand pane ou should see the details of your Workbook and
sheets where you will be able yo insert a Module. (Right Click and
select from context menu)

You can paste the above code and have play around.

There are some excellent books on the market by John Walkenbach, ood
starting place is Excel VBA for dummies.
I'm happy to help.

Let me know what you think.

Ant
http://www.excel-ant.co.uk