Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculation appear on status bar when in autocalc mode

I can't get rid of the Calculation appearing on the bottom left of my screen
- status bar.

Tools - Options - Calculations: set to Automatic.

File size 2.9 MB, comprised of 15 worksheets with a total formula count of
just under 20,000 functions (mostly =dsum()).

Use F9 as well as CTRL-Alt-F9 on each sheet to no avail to get rid of the
CALCULATION showing on the status bar.

Only when I delete the worksheet containing the
Data-ImportExternalDate-Imported data from another worksheet (no formula on
this worksheet) does the word 'Calculation' go away. Imported data 156
columns x 1,200 rows (no calculated data, just values).

Running Office 2003 with SPK 3.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need to run in office 2003
for a while longer - I'm sure the Calculation message would not appear in
Excel 2007.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is probably caused by exceeding the number of dependent cells
within the dependency table (64k). See here for a more detailed
explanation:

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm

Hope this helps.

Pete