Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default horizonal list

I would like to create a list on excel with no title. When the user selects
the autofilter, the pull down menu should only include info in the list. In
addition I only want this to be on one cell. In other words instead on
having verticle list, I would like to make the list horizonal

Please Help this is my third post!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Steiner" wrote in message
I would like to create a list on excel with no title. When the user
selects
the autofilter, the pull down menu should only include info in the list.
In
addition I only want this to be on one cell. In other words instead on
having verticle list, I would like to make the list horizonal

Please Help this is my third post!

I think the reason you haven't received any replies before is that this
cannot be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, but there must be a way to have a list, with no title. The issue is
that I would like to have a list on one cell only. So when someone clicks
on the cell they make a selection out of the possible selections available.
The selection appears on that cell. Currently with a list you need a
header, you select the header than you view the list, you select an item in
the list, and you are left with the header and the selection in the list.
It ends up taking 2 cells, which makes the template messy. Thank you for
your help

"Stephen" wrote:

"Steiner" wrote in message
I would like to create a list on excel with no title. When the user
selects
the autofilter, the pull down menu should only include info in the list.
In
addition I only want this to be on one cell. In other words instead on
having verticle list, I would like to make the list horizonal

Please Help this is my third post!

I think the reason you haven't received any replies before is that this
cannot be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stephen is correct

The usual approach is to use a Data Validation drop-down list. Locally it
only uses a single cell for the drop-down. The actual list of values is
stored in a column of cells, but this column does not have to be "near" the
body of the template.

See:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200750

"Stephen" wrote:

"Steiner" wrote in message
I would like to create a list on excel with no title. When the user
selects
the autofilter, the pull down menu should only include info in the list.
In
addition I only want this to be on one cell. In other words instead on
having verticle list, I would like to make the list horizonal

Please Help this is my third post!

I think the reason you haven't received any replies before is that this
cannot be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Steiner,

You don't need a header for a Data Validation dropdown list.
For example,
In say D4 to G4 put the values 1, 2, 3 & 4
Then select A1
Go to DataValidation
Choose List from the dropdown
And set the source data as =$D$4:$G$4