-   -   Cell width is different in the printed version (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162620-cell-width-different-printed-version.html)

dan

Cell width is different in the printed version

I am using excell 2000. Why do my column widths change when they are
printed? In normal view I have it set the way I want it. But when I print
the spread sheet the collumn grows and words are wrapped to fit. How do I
view the screen as it will be printed?

Otto Moehrbach

Cell width is different in the printed version

Do File - Print Preview to see how it will print. Then look at File - Page
Setup to see why it does what it does. HTH Otto
"Dan" wrote in message
I am using excell 2000. Why do my column widths change when they are
printed? In normal view I have it set the way I want it. But when I
print
the spread sheet the collumn grows and words are wrapped to fit. How do I
view the screen as it will be printed?

dan

Cell width is different in the printed version

What am I looking for? It's not going to say "I did this because".

"Dan" wrote in message
I am using excell 2000. Why do my column widths change when they are
printed? In normal view I have it set the way I want it. But when I
print
the spread sheet the collumn grows and words are wrapped to fit. How do I
view the screen as it will be printed?

dan

Cell width is different in the printed version

Does the font change to the available font of the printer?

"Dan" wrote in message
I am using excell 2000. Why do my column widths change when they are
printed? In normal view I have it set the way I want it. But when I
print
the spread sheet the collumn grows and words are wrapped to fit. How do I
view the screen as it will be printed?

Otto Moehrbach

Cell width is different in the printed version

If the font you are using is not supported by your printer then, yes, the
font will be changed for printing. HTH Otto