Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CSV files & phone numbers

Hi All,
I am trying to upload some information to a none MS database and when I look
at the info in excel it has dropped the first 0 at the beginning of the
telephone numbers, can anyone advise?

Many thanks in advance

Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually CSV retain leading zeros it's when you open a CSV file in Excel it
cuts off the leading zero.
You can use the TEXT function and create a help column of text numbers with
leading zeros,

=TEXT(A1,"phone_format")

Peo Sjoblom