Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Too the folks who have been around a while

Just a quick question, I actively check my stats just to keep up on the
number of folks helped (can tell in the morning for example if my late
answers helped) and just noticed that I have no bronze or silver tag. Not
that it makes my answers any better or anything, was just wondering. FYI i
hit 50 6 months ago or so and 100 this last month.
--
-John
is helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could be one of a few reasons....

If you do not post via the web interface, your stats are not tracked.

If you DO post via the web interface and you cross an answered question
threshold, there's a 30 day delay (maybe 20) before the medallion appears.

If you post using a newsreader AND the web interface, only the web interface
posts are tracked.

I hope that helps.
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"John Bundy" wrote:

Just a quick question, I actively check my stats just to keep up on the
number of folks helped (can tell in the morning for example if my late
answers helped) and just noticed that I have no bronze or silver tag. Not
that it makes my answers any better or anything, was just wondering. FYI i
hit 50 6 months ago or so and 100 this last month.
--
-John
is helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John

The folks that have been around a while don't use the CDO interface so know
little or nothing about the brownie points system.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:44:01 -0700, John Bundy (remove)
wrote:

Just a quick question, I actively check my stats just to keep up on the
number of folks helped (can tell in the morning for example if my late
answers helped) and just noticed that I have no bronze or silver tag. Not
that it makes my answers any better or anything, was just wondering. FYI i
hit 50 6 months ago or so and 100 this last month.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, I post via the web and its been a good deal longer than 30 days. No
big deal, was just wondering if they were being phased out, i don't seem to
see them much anymore.
--
-John
is helpful.

"John Bundy" wrote:

Just a quick question, I actively check my stats just to keep up on the
number of folks helped (can tell in the morning for example if my late
answers helped) and just noticed that I have no bronze or silver tag. Not
that it makes my answers any better or anything, was just wondering. FYI i
hit 50 6 months ago or so and 100 this last month.
--
-John
is helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"John Bundy" wrote:
.. I post via the web and its been a good deal longer than 30 days. No
big deal, was just wondering if they were being phased out, i don't seem to
see them much anymore.

One possible explanation. Believe the medallion thresholds/awards (for
questions answered) are applied on a per newsgroup basis, albeit breakdown
numbers per newsgroup currently are not available in your CDO user profile
history, only totals.

Eg you may have: 107 for questions answered (total). Assuming you respond
regularly in 3 excel newsgroups, and assuming a rough equal split of 33% in
ratings received, then your breakdown could be say: 35-35-37 (no medals yet
as each is less <50). If the split is say: 60-40-7, then you would receive
the bronze medallion for the first newsgroup (=50).

Anyway, as-is, think the current gold thresholds (per newsgroup basis) are
set way too high, at 500.
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i like the web-interface.

Oh, so you're the guy <g. In fact, the best web interface I've ever used
(it's not Microsoft's) is worse than the worst NNTP client I've ever used.
The web interface is horrid, and the lame enhancements like rating and
ranking are a waste of development effort, since they detract from efforts
to actually make the web interface work better.

I've never worried about ratings or rankings. When I started I was getting a
lot of help from the experts, and it's not hard to figure out who they are
without gold stars. After a while I began answering more than I asked, and
all that I cared about was helping people instead of messing them up
further. If someone tells me "Thanks, works great", that's frosting on the
cake.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP