Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default number formats for pivot table fields

I have a pivot table with a bunch of number fields. When I add a field to
the table from the field list, it defaults to general number format. I know
how to set the number format for a field and set it to preserve formatting on
refresh. All of the how-to's I've read on the preserve formatting issue seem
to assume that the fields will remain in the table. However, I don't want to
always show all twenty fields, so I'm constantly dragging them into and out
of the table and this forces me to constantly reformat.

It seems that you should be able to set a default format for a field that
would persist regardless of whetehr the field was being viewed in the table.

This has been driving me crazy. Any help would be much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately, there's no setting you can change to make the number
formatting persist if the field is removed from the pivot table layout.

If you always want the fields in the same format, perhaps you could
create a macro to format them when the pivot table is updated.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures