Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filtering out data

Hi

I have a smallish table that lists Parts, and I only want to list the parts
that have RAL9007, RAL9005, RAL9006, each row looks something like this with
various combinations

ADJ SNACK FLANGLE SHELF 400MMDEEP 1250MM CREAM RAL9001 +SEL

I have 16,000 rows of these and it will take me ages to delete the rows out
I do not want, any idea what formula I would need

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi babypink,

best thing i can think of is using a filter. selet the header row then go to
data -- filter -- auto filter.

this will put a drop down box in the cells in the header row. Click on the
down arrow in the parts column and click on "(custom...)". Unfortunately
there are only 2 conditions you can do at once, so you might want to go one
part (RAL9007) at a time.

Select contains from the first drop down box, then enter RAL9007 into the
textbox, then OK. This will filter all the part descriptions that include
RAL9007.

Good luck,

stevefromnaki ;)

"BABYPINK" wrote:

Hi

I have a smallish table that lists Parts, and I only want to list the parts
that have RAL9007, RAL9005, RAL9006, each row looks something like this with
various combinations

ADJ SNACK FLANGLE SHELF 400MMDEEP 1250MM CREAM RAL9001 +SEL

I have 16,000 rows of these and it will take me ages to delete the rows out
I do not want, any idea what formula I would need

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi BABYPINK

Is all the information in one cell ?
Or is RAL9001 in a seperate cell

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"BABYPINK" wrote in message ...
Hi

I have a smallish table that lists Parts, and I only want to list the parts
that have RAL9007, RAL9005, RAL9006, each row looks something like this with
various combinations

ADJ SNACK FLANGLE SHELF 400MMDEEP 1250MM CREAM RAL9001 +SEL

I have 16,000 rows of these and it will take me ages to delete the rows out
I do not want, any idea what formula I would need

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could use DataFilterAutofilterCustomContains RAL

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:20:01 -0700, BABYPINK
wrote:

Hi

I have a smallish table that lists Parts, and I only want to list the parts
that have RAL9007, RAL9005, RAL9006, each row looks something like this with
various combinations

ADJ SNACK FLANGLE SHELF 400MMDEEP 1250MM CREAM RAL9001 +SEL

I have 16,000 rows of these and it will take me ages to delete the rows out
I do not want, any idea what formula I would need

Thanks

Filtering data S. Kissing Excel Worksheet Functions 3 March 2nd 07 11:37 PM
Filtering Data koba Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 November 10th 05 04:47 AM
filtering data Alex New Users to Excel 8 August 23rd 05 10:31 PM
Filtering out Data Jo Davis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 7th 05 11:34 AM
Filtering data Troy S. New Users to Excel 0 June 2nd 05 03:17 AM