Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sub total

Hi there

Is is it possible to do the following:

1. run a sub total so that the sub totals are all highlights bold or in a
different colour

2. extract only the sub total rows from the spreadsheet?

thanks

Cathy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to use conditional formatting or VBA for this, I assume you want
the subtotaled amount/count etc to stand out? This is how I do it:

Assume for simplicity that you are subtotaling the range A1:B100 and for
every total and finally the grand total you want the data in B that are
subtotaled and totaled bold. Select all the data from B2 (we assume a header
is in A1 and B1) to the last data pertaining to the grand total with B2 as
the active cell (if you select using the mouse from B2 downwards B2 will be
the active cell)

Now do formatconditional formatting, formula is then in the formula is box
put

=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Total",$A2))

click the format button and select bold font and click OK twice

Peo Sjoblom