Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell External Link in a sheet

I want learn how I can detect which cell of sheet are having external links.
can somebody give me clue on this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's an excellent utility that does that on the following Excel MVP web
page:

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

Under Bill Manville's name is a free utility named FindLink.zip v8.8
--
Kevin Backmann

"Hassan Shareef" wrote:

I want learn how I can detect which cell of sheet are having external links.
can somebody give me clue on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Hassan Shareef wrote:

I want learn how I can detect which cell of sheet are having external links.
can somebody give me clue on this.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kein,
Could you help me further on this.

I tried that utility but it is only locatin links which we can get from eidt
menu, what my intention is to locate the cell / cell address which has
external link.

"Hassan Shareef" wrote:

I want learn how I can detect which cell of sheet are having external links.
can somebody give me clue on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hassan, you can use the Find function on the menu to produce a list of
hyperlink addresses to cells containing external links.

All external links start with an = sign followed by the name of the workbook
in brackets, so you can do a find and look for "=[".

Press <Ctrl + F, or click EDIT on the menu and select FIND. In the FIND
WHAT field enter "=[" w/o the quotes and then click the FIND ALL command
button.

This produces a list of cells containing the =[, and I can't imagine those 2
sequential characters used in anything other than a formula function.

A sub window opens up in the FIND AND REPLACE dialog box with the following
columns:

Book | Sheet | Name | Cell | Value | Formula

The workbook, the sheet name, the named range (if any) , the cell the link
was found, the current cell value and it's formula are displayed on right
after the other. Clicking any of the matches in the list will move the cell
pointer to the matching cell in the worksheet.

Hope this helps.
--
Kevin Backmann