Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a table by importing some data

I would like to create a table with 4 columns in Excel in which the first two
columns are imported from an external database, so that when I update the
table if there are new records it will insert a new row across all four
columns of my data. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you can copy your data into your excel sheet and can check if there is any
duplicate value by conditional formatting. Select column No. 1 and type this
in conditional formatting:
formula is:
=countif(A$1:A1, A1)1

and choose formatting. Records those are duplicate delete them.

"neilson" wrote:

I would like to create a table with 4 columns in Excel in which the first two
columns are imported from an external database, so that when I update the
table if there are new records it will insert a new row across all four
columns of my data. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply, I wanted to maintain referential integrity across all
four columns in each entry. So what I ended up doing was creating a list for
my data and importing the data from the external source as an XML file... I
guess there is more than one way to skin the cat.