Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate to form a label

I have address information in 3 columns of cells that include name, address,
city/state/zip I want to combine these into a format similar to below:

Ex: Adams, George
123 Groovy Lane
Decatur, GA 34455
What should my formula include?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're actually forming a label, a far better alternative is to use
the XL worksheet as a data source for Word's Data Merge.

For more see

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

In article ,
gwendalee wrote:

I have address information in 3 columns of cells that include name, address,
city/state/zip I want to combine these into a format similar to below:

Ex: Adams, George
123 Groovy Lane
Decatur, GA 34455
What should my formula include?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should be using "mail merge" in Word together with your data in XL to
make your labels.

Check out these links:

--
HTH,

RD

"gwendalee" wrote in message
I have address information in 3 columns of cells that include name,
address,
city/state/zip I want to combine these into a format similar to below:

Ex: Adams, George
123 Groovy Lane
Decatur, GA 34455
What should my formula include?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the 3 columns are A:C, in an adjacent column enter

=A1 & CHAR(10) & B1 & CHAR(10) & C1

Format to wrap text.

I personally would not do this. Excel is not ideally suited for creating
labels.

Can be done through trial and error but Word is a much better Label creator
using Excel as a source of data.

Word likes the data in separate columns and rows as you currently have.

For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP