Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Geo Geo is offline

Default EOMONTH question

What formula do I use to give me the begining of the present month.
--
Geo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1)

Peo Sjoblom

"Geo" wrote in message
What formula do I use to give me the begining of the present month.
--
Geo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This should do it:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1)

HTH,
Elkar

"Geo" wrote:

What formula do I use to give me the begining of the present month.
--
Geo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have the Analysis ToolPak add-in installed:
try this:
=EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1

If you don't....try this:
=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Geo" wrote in message
What formula do I use to give me the begining of the present month.
--
Geo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Geo" wrote in message

What formula do I use to give me the begining of the present month.
--
Geo

Try,

format cell with formula =NOW() as Mmm

This will only give you the first 3 character of the month

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Geo Geo is offline

Thank you all very much, they all work.
mmmmm.....which one to choose!!!!!!
--
Geo

"mohavv" wrote:

"Geo" wrote in message

What formula do I use to give me the begining of the present month.
--
Geo

Try,

format cell with formula =NOW() as Mmm

This will only give you the first 3 character of the month

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

2 different questions. Not sure which you want answered, so you get both.

EOMONTH question

EOM can be stated as day zero of the following month:
=DATE(YEAR(NOW()), MONTH(NOW())+1, 0)

What formula do I use to give me the begining of the present month.

BOM can be stated as day one of the current month:
=DATE(YEAR(NOW()), MONTH(NOW()), 1)

HTH,