Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default graphing problem, please help

I have three sets of data, two of which are being plotted just fine with
the xy
scatter graph. The one set, however, won't start at my x value of 0. The
y-values are working fine. X values go up in increments of 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5 etc
all the way up to 12 minutes, but with no 11.5 minute data, so rows 1-24.
Between the six and six and a half minute mark, the graph goes hay-wire and
shifts away from it's zero start point. I check x1, y1 on my graph and it is
actually using x3 with y1. If this makes any sense to anybody please help.
thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check the chart type. If it's a line chart, you need to have as many cells
for each series, because they all use the same X values. If necessary,
include the blank cells leading up to the shorter series.

If it's an XY chart, you may have to redefine the ranges for each series.
Chart menu Source Data Series tab, click on a series, and check the X
and Y values indicated.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"big thunder" wrote in message
I have three sets of data, two of which are being plotted just fine with
the xy
scatter graph. The one set, however, won't start at my x value of 0. The
y-values are working fine. X values go up in increments of 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5
etc
all the way up to 12 minutes, but with no 11.5 minute data, so rows 1-24.
Between the six and six and a half minute mark, the graph goes hay-wire
and
shifts away from it's zero start point. I check x1, y1 on my graph and it
is
actually using x3 with y1. If this makes any sense to anybody please help.
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

it's an xy chart. i've checked and re-inserted the data series numerous
times. what's strange is that it will only start the shift over as soon as I
include the 6.5 minute and beyond values on the x axis. could it be something
in the properties?
thanks,

zach

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="Sample 1"
=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12
=Sheet1!$C$1:$C$12

="Sample 2"
=Sheet2!$E$1:$E$24
=Sheet2!$G$1:$G$24

Sample 2 is the one I am having the problem with.

="Sample 3"
=Sheet3!$A$1:$A$13
=Sheet3!$C$1:$C$13

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

the formula bar, and paste the formula into the reply. Repeat for the other
two series. Send the reply.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"big thunder" wrote in message
it's an xy chart. i've checked and re-inserted the data series numerous
times. what's strange is that it will only start the shift over as soon as
include the 6.5 minute and beyond values on the x axis. could it be
something
in the properties?
thanks,

zach

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So the series formula for series 1 is

=SERIES("Sample 1",Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12,Sheet1!$C$1:$C$12,1)

I can see no obvious reason for your problem.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"big thunder" wrote in message
="Sample 1"
=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12
=Sheet1!$C$1:$C$12

="Sample 2"
=Sheet2!$E$1:$E$24
=Sheet2!$G$1:$G$24

Sample 2 is the one I am having the problem with.

="Sample 3"
=Sheet3!$A$1:$A$13
=Sheet3!$C$1:$C$13

from