Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default where exactly is solver located at?

I followed all the add-in instructions to add solver, but still don't know
where or under which button it is. thanks beforehand for your help.

JC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Which version of Excel?

Peo Sjoblom

"Durante" wrote in message
I followed all the add-in instructions to add solver, but still don't know
where or under which button it is. thanks beforehand for your help.

JC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's in the Tools menu. Doesn't Excel help tell you where to find it?
--
David Biddulph

"Durante" wrote in message
I followed all the add-in instructions to add solver, but still don't know
where or under which button it is. thanks beforehand for your help.

JC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I apologize for forgetting that info. I have Windows Vista. I'm Also very new
to this program. Thanks for your reply and patience.

JC

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Which version of Excel?

Peo Sjoblom

"Durante" wrote in message
I followed all the add-in instructions to add solver, but still don't know
where or under which button it is. thanks beforehand for your help.

JC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi and thanks for your reply.
I have gone into the Tools but still can't find it there. I've found that I
am not the only one having trouble with getting Solver. And by the way,
Excell just tells me how to perform the add-in, but not where to find it.
Thanks again.

JC

"Durante" wrote in message
I followed all the add-in instructions to add solver, but still don't know
where or under which button it is. thanks beforehand for your help.

JC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007 it is in the Data tab to the far right under data analysis.
In previous versions it is under toolssolver

Peo Sjoblom

"Durante" wrote in message
I apologize for forgetting that info. I have Windows Vista. I'm Also very
new
to this program. Thanks for your reply and patience.

JC

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Which version of Excel?

Peo Sjoblom

"Durante" wrote in message
I followed all the add-in instructions to add solver, but still don't
know
where or under which button it is. thanks beforehand for your help.

JC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Peo is quite right as to the location of Solver in XL2007.
However, it won't appear there until you have initiated the Addin.

Click the Round Excel buttonExcel OptionsAdd-Instowards bottom of
pageManageExcel Add-insGoselect SolverOK

Now on the far right of your Data tab, Solver will appear.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Durante" wrote in message
I followed all the add-in instructions to add solver, but still don't
know
where or under which button it is. thanks beforehand for your help.

JC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From Excel help:
"Define and solve a problem by using Solver
1.. On the Tools menu, click Solver.
2.. If the Solver command is not available on the Tools menu, you need to
install the Solver add-in program."

David Biddulph